Government Medical College Thrissur, established in 1982 is one of the leading centers in medical education in Kerala, India. Spread over an area of more than 250 acres, it is located in the serene surroundings of Mulagunnathukavu (M.G Kavu) 14 km from Thrissur. The Kerala University of Health Sciences (KUHS) began functioning in the campus in 2009
With the history of 25 years of meritorious medical care, the institution is celebrated its Silver Jubilee in 2006. We continue to be the premier medical institution in this part of the state, delivering health care to three districts of Kerala and to patients in the neighbouring districts of Tamil Nadu.
The college was inaugurated on April 1st, 1982 by the Governor of Kerala, Mrs. Jyothi Vencatachellam.
Her Excellency also laid the foundation stone for the proposed college building at Mulagunnathukavu on 30th April 1982. Govt. Medical College, Thrissur had its humble beginning at the campus of the Veterinary College at Mannuthy.
- Classes for MBBS 2018 batch starts on 1.8.2018
- Hon. Chief Minister's visit to the Institution
- The latest issue of "THE MEDUCATOR", the in-house magazine of the Medical Education Unit was released in Jan 2018
- Classes for MBBS and PG (2017) batch have commenced
- MEDUCON 2016- A trans national CME program on medical education was held in December 2016
- 'Pyrexia' : We hosted the the inter Medical youth festival from 16th Oct 2016 to 21st Oct 2016